Have had 3 attempts at making this. finally found a version that worked:
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons bicarb soda
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Grease a 20 cm square cake tin or slice tray.
- In a large saucepan, heat the golden syrup and sugar together, bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes. I used a sugar thermometer and when it reached 150c stopped.
- Remove pot from heat and add the bicarb soda. Quickly mix it in because the mixture will foam up instantly. Pour immediately into the cake tin. Leave to set then break into bite size chunks.
I crushed some and sprinkled between layers of a chocolate cake and mixed it with the frosting. YUMMO